US Visa Application Experience - B1/B2

I am very lucky this year for I was asked by my company to go to the US to attend training for 6 weeks. At first I thought the process is very complicated and I was very nervous of the visa interview. But to my surprised everything went smoothly. I want to share my experience and I hope someone out there will find my post useful.
First, you have to secure all of the important documents such as invitation letter, Statement of Account, COE, and of course your passport. I suggest, that you prepare documents that you can use as proof that you will go back to the Philippines. In my case, I had to include my car registration, bank account and even my son’s birth certificate that way I can show it to the consul as proof that I have enough reason to go back home.
Before you schedule your interview, you will have to pay for your Visa Application first. I remember paying 8160 Php for my visa application.  Fill out the DS-160 form in the USCIS website. Then once you are done, you will have to you’re your payment slip and you are ready to book your interview. Schedule your interview online in http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-appointmentschedule.asp. Once you have your interview, you are all set.
Before you go to the interview, make sure that you have an ID picture. If you are planning to get it near the US embassy, I suggest that you get your picture taken inside the US embassy because it will only cost you 80 Php unlike outside you will have to pay as much as 250 Php and the photo studio is located somewhere far from the embassy which means you will have to cross the footbridge and walk to their studio.
When I arrived, I saw lots of people and they are all applying for US Visa. What will happen is that you will wait and the security guard will call the type of visa and time of interview. If your schedule and type of visa is called, you will be asked to enter their vicinity. Then you will fall in line and wait again to call your schedule. After that you will be asked to give your passport, they will confirm if you have an interview and place a sticker at the back of your passport. Then you will get inside the embassy. Once you are in, you will undergo three steps. First step, is you will be asked questions such as the purpose of your travel and they will ask for your invitation letter and picture. They will attach your invite to your passport. Second, you will undergo finger scanning and lastly the interview.
During the interview I was asked questions around the purpose of my visit and my work. I was asked how long will I stay in the US, where I will stay and what will I do in the US. I was also asked if I have any relatives in the US and what is my position in the company that I working. Then, consul asked for my passport and I was told that it was approved. I had mine for pick-up at a 2Go branch because I need to be in the US after a week of my Visa interview.

By the way, my visa is valid for 10 years. :)

For more information in Applying for US Visa you may visit the US Embassy’s website. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-visatypeinfo.asp

Mga Komento

  1. Lately I was wondering about this thing, but because of your wondrous knowledge! It gives me peace of mind, Thanks a lot! I wonder if you have already Fiancee visa, I suggest you must have one!

    TumugonBurahin
  2. It was nice to see and read this article of yours! Sometimes It’s hard to accept ideas came from sites because we don’t know if they are telling the truth, I think that your not like that, so I really admire your work! Have you thought about
    us visa application?

    TumugonBurahin
  3. I personally believe that us visa process is not easy to do, that’s why we need someone that are capable of helping us on these like bonafide visa.

    TumugonBurahin
  4. The process of us visa application won’t take years just to get this, you will just need to meet all the requirements and find some helpful articles like this work and appreciate the effort of the author.

    TumugonBurahin
  5. There are always good sides about many things like us visa process although it’s a long process, you will not think of it especially when you have a good reason for it. Thanks author for helping us realized this one!

    TumugonBurahin
  6. I was very thankful and amazed because I’m reading your blogs about us visa process which I really need this time. Since I’m planning to finish my application for us visa without any hassle.

    TumugonBurahin
  7. I remember my friend telling me about us visa application things that is so unique for an individual because not all people would see these things like what you see it. So I guess that you are really unique!

    TumugonBurahin
  8. I was kinda amazed on the effort you put into this us visa process article will really give some good and valuable thoughts about these things so I must thank you for this.

    TumugonBurahin

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

SkyCable to Cignal

Ways on Rebuilding Your Credit